Thursday, February 24, 2011

We're baaaack!

I (Ali) have been so bad about this whole blog thing! I'll do my best to catch y'all up! 


First off, my sister Lauren is ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave is such a great guy (even though he's an Apache pilot) and we are so excited to have him in our family. Jeff especially is excited that he will get to spend Christmas with one of his best friends every year! 


Dave and Lauren 

Things have been busy since they got engaged, but it's been a lot of fun helping Lauren plan the wedding. My parents just came down for the weekend so they could meet Dave's parents and help do some wedding stuff. It was so nice to have them to here!

 My dad and I took a little trip to Groesbeck, TX while they were here. Groesbeck is full of Garrett history and it's where my grandpa was born and raised. We went to see dad's grandparents house which is still standing after manyyyy years!
This is the house where my grandpa grew up and where my dad would visit when he was little. It's sad to see how run down the house is. There were so many huge houses like this in the neighborhood that were the same way. We wanted to knock on the door and go in, but it looked a little sketchy! 

Dad wanted to go visit his relatives graves while we were there so we went to the graveyard and it was actually kind of cool! Everything was SO old, and the tombstones dated back to the early 1800's


 Jeff just left for high altitude training in Colorado so it was nice to have a house full of people when he was gone so I didn't have to be alone! My parents, sister and I went to go watch Jeff take off and it was one of the neatest thing's I've ever seen! I am so proud of Jeff, he has such an honorable job and it's pretty cool too :)

Here is a video of Jeff leaving. The first 3 helicopters are Apaches. Jeff is the 4th one from the front in the blackhawk. He is so studly :)


Jeff gets home in a little under 3 weeks, and I can't wait to see him, I miss him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment